Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Judge Dredd: The Brutal Beta Cut


  And now for something a bit... different. I've been trying my hand at creating fan edits of movies I feel could use some serious tweaking. Previously I gave Superman: The Movie a thorough once over, and was exceptionally happy with the end result. Most recently, I applied my editing skills to 1995's Judge Dredd. It was a long and odd process and the flaws of the movie stuck out more than ever to me, but editing out the bullshit was nothing if not cathartic. A childhood favorite had evolved into a painfully guilty pleasure over the years, and I was seeking to remove a bit of that pain and guilt from watching this silly 90's action adventure.

  Following a round of self-promotion...


  I realized there was no way I could give my fanedit an objective review. I was far too smitten with my own handiwork. So instead, I turned to my friends and followers. Reviews came trickling in slowly but surely.



"-great work-"

“I enjoyed this recut immensely-” “feels much more like an action movie.”


But of course, I knew my good friend over at Movie Curiosities would be the one to give it a full review, and it's a damn good review at that! Check out his full review here, and if you'd like to see the Brutal Beta cut for yourself, you can inquire about it here, or via e-mail. I can be reached at: moviemaniacjoe@msn.com
Carry on citizens!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,i had a copy of this ages ago but it seems to have vanished.Can anyone PLEASE help me with a link to get another? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just message me on twitter or facebook.
      @JoeTheNiteOwl or Joseph Sheldahl on facebook.

      Delete